Eastern Thrace Museums
Select the settlement whose tourist information you want to see
Recently Added
It is a museum that displays educational materials such as documents, publications, books, magazines, guides, brochures, photographs, catalogs, videos, films, and slides that have archival value related to education at the provincial level, used or published from the Ottoman period to the present day.
He began painting at the age of 16 in Bursa Prison as a student of Nazim Hikmet. The museum, featuring paintings by Ibrahim Balaban, one of Nazim Hikmet's fellow prisoners, opened to visitors on September 7, 2018. The museum displays Balaban's unique style and his personal belongings, contributing significantly to Turkish art.
The mansion where the Mavradis family, who migrated from Tekirdağ to Greece in 1922 due to the Lausanne Exchange of Populations, lived, was transformed into the Old Tekirdag Photographs Museum by the Suleymanpasa Municipality. The collection of over 1500 photographs of Tekirdag, spanning 150 years and owned by Dimitrios Mavridis, a member of the Mavradis family living in Athens, was also donated to the Suleymanpasa Municipality and is exhibited in this museum.
The Music Technologies Museum, the first of its kind in Turkiye, was opened by the Suleymanpasa Municipality on May 20, 2017.
In Tekirdag, the 19th-century Ottoman house on Namik Kemal Street in the Orta Cami neighborhood was restored to its original form and renovated into a three-story structure called the Namik Kemal House through the collaborative efforts of the Namik Kemal Association, the Provincial Special Administration, the Tekirdag National Education Foundation, the Tekirdag Municipality, and volunteer organizations. It was opened to the public on December 21, 1993. Researcher Mehmet Serez also made significant contributions to the restoration of the house.
Prince Ferenc Rákóczi II of Hungary lived in the house at number 32 on Barbaros Street in Ertugrul neighborhood for 15 years between 1720 and 1735. This house was purchased by the Hungarian government in 1932 and converted into a museum.
The museum building was constructed in 1894 as the Municipal Building. Visited by Ataturk on December 20, 1930, the building has served as the Kirklareli Museum since 1994.
The Ilhan Koman Sculpture and Painting Museum was established on September 23, 2002, the 20th anniversary of Trakya University, under the name 'Contemporary Painting and Sculpture Museum'. In 2011, it was renamed 'Ilhan Koman Sculpture and Painting Museum' by a decision of the University Senate. In the same year, it moved to the historical mansion in the Karaagac campus of the Faculty of Fine Arts, which also houses the Old Train Station Building, the Lausanne Monument and Square, and the National Struggle and Lausanne Museum.
The caravanserai was built by Ekmekcizade Ahmet Pasha in 1018 AH (1609 AD) and presented as a gift to Sultan Ahmed. The structure consists of four large stables, numerous rooms, two fountains, and stone-built shops along the street.
This 18th-century mansion is the oldest surviving example of civil architecture in Edirne. It was used by Emin Bey, the Chief Accountant of Edirne, and his family. After remaining empty for a time, Necmi Ige and his family moved in in 1922. Necmi Ige's family lived in the mansion until the 1970s, after which it was left vacant. Over the years, the mansion has largely deteriorated.